Our people make the difference. We believe in our employees and give them daily opportunities to grow as professionals and make their mark on the business. Each person brings unique skills to his or her role, and with employees around the globe, we have a diverse workforce that we-and our clients-deeply value.
We're looking for people with a wide range of work experiences and skills, as well as those pursuing a career in managed business process services for the first time. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds who want to work hard and who take pride in what they do.
As an employee, you'll have a rewarding and enriching work environment. You will be encouraged to innovate. Your coworkers will respect and value your opinions. Each day, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on a globally recognized company. At Canon, you'll have more than just a job with competitive pay and benefits-you will have a long and rewarding career.
Canon Business Process Services, Inc. offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed services and technology across information and document management, business process outsourcing<https://cbps.canon.com/managed-services/business-process-outsourcing>; and managed workforce services. The company helps clients improve operational business performance while reducing costs and risk. Named a Global Outsourcing 100 Leader in 2018 by IAOP for the twelfth year; Canon Business Process Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc. Learn more at cbps.canon.com<https://cbps.canon.com/>; and follow us on Twitter @CanonBPO.
· Reviews qualified life event documentation and approves enrollment as appropriate.
· Researches issues involving benefit eligibility, enrollment and payroll deduction errors and discrepancies. Discusses and resolves issues with benefit vendors. Provides phone and e-mail responses to all employees regarding benefit issues.
· Responsible for the review, reconciliation and payment of all benefit vendor invoices including Healthy San Francisco.
· Prepares updated benefit communications i.e. SPD’s, Annual Open Enrollment material etc.
· Maintains and updates plan administrative procedures.
· Assists in the implementation and maintenance of dependent eligibility audits.
· Review and verifies monthly billing for health and welfare plans.
· Review and resolves issues affecting the 401(K) plan including contributions, match and catch-up contributions.
· Works closely with the Manager, Employee Benefits to resolve any ERISA or HIPPA compliance issues.
· Develops and maintains relationships with Benefits vendors, communicates plan changes.
· Advises and trains regional human resource representatives on Disability and Workers’ Compensation laws and procedures
· Provides subject matter expertise regarding disability, workers’ compensation, CBPS’s leave policy and any other questions related to CBPS’ benefit programs
· Recommends pro-active programs to bring employees with medical work limitations back to work quickly, with as little expense to the company as possible.
· Collaborates with corporate risk management on developing strategies to close workers compensation open claims
· Recommends ideas and processes to reduce costs in the area of Workers’ Compensation
· Manages the salary continuation benefit for eligible exempt employees.
· Administers the direct bill process for employees on leave. Follows up with employees who have not paid direct bill invoices and advises of cancellation policy.
· Keeps informed of state and federal policy and law changes that may affect the benefits plans
· Assist with projects as required.
· Acts in the absence of the Benefits Manager.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS/MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS
No travel or physical requirements.
Mental qualifications include ability to perform all tasks given efficiently and effectively
Ability to accurately administer welfare and retirement plans
Good organizational skills
To be eligible for this position, the applicant must meet the minimum qualifications. Deviations to this requirement must be approved by the Director of Compensation, Benefits and HRIS or the Chief Human Resources Officer.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge required.
· Minimum of 2 yrs. Benefits Administration experience with a strong knowledge of FMLA, COBRA, ERISA, Section 125, ADA and applicable federal and state laws.
· Knowledge of all office equipment
· Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel and MS Access
· Knowledge of AS400 Infinium or similar HRIS system preferred
· Highly motivated self-starter with excellent oral & written communication skills
· Ability to set priorities/be confidential/organized/detail oriented
· Ability to handle stress and conflict & able to resolve issues effectively and confidentially
· Excellent customer service skills/great attitude/team player
· Excellent follow up skills
· Ability to be creative
· Ability to communicate accurately, clearly and effectively
· Excellent attention to detail