Our people make the difference. We believe in our employees and give them daily opportunities to grow as professionals and make their mark on the business. Each person brings unique skills to his or her role, and with employees around the globe, we have a diverse workforce that we-and our clients-deeply value.
We're looking for people with a wide range of work experiences and skills, as well as those pursuing a career in managed business process services for the first time. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds who want to work hard and who take pride in what they do.
As an employee, you'll have a rewarding and enriching work environment. You will be encouraged to innovate. Your coworkers will respect and value your opinions. Each day, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on a globally recognized company. At Canon, you'll have more than just a job with competitive pay and benefits-you will have a long and rewarding career.
Canon Business Process Services, Inc. offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed services and technology across information and document management, business process outsourcing<https://cbps.canon.com/managed-services/business-process-outsourcing>; and managed workforce services. The company helps clients improve operational business performance while reducing costs and risk. Named a Global Outsourcing 100 Leader in 2018 by IAOP for the twelfth year; Canon Business Process Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc. Learn more at cbps.canon.com<https://cbps.canon.com/>; and follow us on Twitter @CanonBPO.
· Evaluate and prioritize incoming incident and problem tickets from employees for technology assistance on hardware, software, Internet, mobile device, or telecommunication equipment.
· Assess nature of technical issues to determine appropriate actions.
· Disseminate information on any problems or potential delays.
· Follow up with employees to evaluate the effectiveness of resolution.
· Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance.
· Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
· Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
· Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
· Liaise with, and provide training and support to end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
· Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
· Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
· Receive and respond to incoming tickets, calls, and/or e-mails.
· Develop and maintain a hardware asset inventory lifecycle program.
· Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
· Construct, install, and test on standardized operating systems.
· Have familiarity with network operations, routers, and associated devices.
· If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors
· Troubleshoot mobile devices including iPads and iPhones and VoIP telephony
· Position may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed and when requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS/MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS
· Intermittent physical activity including reaching, prolonged periods of sitting, bending, or lifting (up to 30lbs)
· Approx. 10% travel may be required.
· Mental qualifications include ability to perform all tasks assigned
· Ability to give effective technical support
· Up-to-date with advanced information technology
To be eligible for this position, the applicant must meet the minimum qualifications. Deviations to this requirement must be approved by the Compensation Manager and Vice President of Human Resources.
· Associates Degree or equivalent work experience.
· 4-5 years of experience in Desktop support
· Advanced knowledge of standard office equipment
· Software technologies should include MS Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, VPN technologies and various other LAN and WAN experience is required
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to quickly assess and prioritize
· Communicate effectively with diverse groups and clients
· Ability to perform under tight and often stressful deadlines
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
· Work with peers and team to establish departmental decisions, processes and ensure standardized activities
· Must understand corporate business objectives, and apply necessary judgment to effectively utilize limited I.T. resources
· ITIL Certification a plus