Responsible for analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of training programs to support operations, sales, corporate and regional personnel. Primary responsibility is to create and develop interactive and impactful blended learning experiences, leveraging ILT, virtual classroom, self-study, e-learning, social media and mobile solutions, to achieve measurable training results This person manages other Instructional Designer and e-Learning Specialist(s). In addition, responsible for assisting in creating strategy and guidelines for e-learning infrastructure and development.
Responsible for supervising other Instructional Designer and e-Learning Specialist(s) to drive performance and results. Organizes workflow and ensures team understands expectations of role and responsibilities. Provides constructive feedback, performance management and coaching.
• Responsible for development lifecycle of all instructional design projects
• Creates innovative learning solutions to improve employee performance and productivity including on-demand web-based learning modules, virtual classroom, video, classroom, self-study, simulations, etc.
• Conducts needs analysis to identify training needs
• Creates design documents outlining course objectives, content, assessment and evaluation criteria
• Develops instructional materials and content for training programs utilizing various instructional design methodologies and technologies
• Functions on curriculum teams and independently in the design development and testing of training programs
• Evaluates and measures effectiveness of training programs by creating formal evaluations, soliciting feedback from participants, monitoring enrollment, attendance, and promotional status of employees
• Partners and fosters productive relationships with Subject Matter Experts to design, develop and deliver learning solutions.
• Researches and makes recommendations regarding tools and technology to assist in implementing and building e-learning infrastructure
• Assists Director of Training & Development in creating e-Learning Infrastructure strategy and develops e-Learning guidelines, policies and procedures
• Promotes innovation in the use of blended learning approaches to achieve corporate and departmental objectives
• Liaisons with IT to select and implement e-learning tools and technologies
• Maintains existing training programs and updates content
• Partners with internal CBPS team to identify, develop and implement learning solutions for external clients according to agreed upon deliverables
• Creates and maintains project plans to ensure timely delivery of training materials/programs
• Coordinates with Manager and Director of Training & Development to maintain appropriate training and development records
• Develops metrics to gauge employee improvements in performance and productivity; presents aggregate results along with action plans to improve productivity
• Performs other duties as requested by Director or client representatives to support Human Resources team
Bachelor’s Degree in Training and Development, Human Resources, Education or related field
Master’s degree preferred
Training and/or e-Learning Certification preferred
5+ years’ experience in instructional design
5+ years’ experience in creation of e-learning, virtual classroom and mobile training programs, including gamification
5 + years designing blended learning solutions
Proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.
Advanced knowledge of authoring tools (i.e. Articulate, Captivate, Lectora, Camtasia), Learning Management Systems, and web conferencing tools (i.e., WebEx)
Ability to manage and supervise others
Advanced knowledge of instructional design concepts, WBT, best practices and technologies
Strong facilitation and communication skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks
Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to persuade others
Strong organizational, administrative, record keeping & time management skills
Strong team approach to business
Excellent customer service skills