Our people make the difference. We believe in our employees and give them daily opportunities to grow as professionals and make their mark on the business. Each person brings unique skills to his or her role, and with employees around the globe, we have a diverse workforce that we-and our clients-deeply value.
We're looking for people with a wide range of work experiences and skills, as well as those pursuing a career in managed business process services for the first time. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds who want to work hard and who take pride in what they do.
As an employee, you'll have a rewarding and enriching work environment. You will be encouraged to innovate. Your coworkers will respect and value your opinions. Each day, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on a globally recognized company. At Canon, you'll have more than just a job with competitive pay and benefits-you will have a long and rewarding career.
Canon Business Process Services, Inc. offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed services and technology across information and document management, business process outsourcing<https://cbps.canon.com/managed-services/business-process-outsourcing>; and managed workforce services. The company helps clients improve operational business performance while reducing costs and risk. Named a Global Outsourcing 100 Leader in 2018 by IAOP for the twelfth year; Canon Business Process Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc. Learn more at cbps.canon.com<https://cbps.canon.com/>; and follow us on Twitter @CanonBPO.
· Design, install, administer and support data center systems, equipment, and applications to achieve optimum performance. These systems may include but are not limited to Microsoft Windows, SQL, IIS, Exchange, VMware, AS/400, Linux servers and Apache web servers.
· Linux system administration skills with hands on knowledge in the operation, maintenance, and management of an intranet based LAMP system in a 24x7 production environment. Demonstrated experience in working with both Linux based scripting and GUI based administrative tools. Working knowledge of CMS administration is considered a plus.
· Rack and install HP & Dell server hardware in the Data Center.
· Review and evaluate technology solutions and recommend appropriate solutions.
· Troubleshooting of network systems to determine cause(s) of failure and resolve problems.
· Perform structured analysis and develop integrated information flow according to documentation.
· Provide technical consultation and assistance to users, helpdesk and other technical users.
· Monitor appropriate System Backups, Communication WAN links and System Logs to ensure system availability.
· Ability to design and integrate Data Security into all systems to ensure protection from inappropriate access and malware.
· Research and execute Special Projects as required.
· Develop and maintain technical system documentation.
· May provide verbal and written reports in assigned areas of responsibility.
· Perform other related duties as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
· Ability to perform under tight and often stressful deadlines
· Intermittent physical activity including reaching, prolonged periods of sitting, bending, or lifting (up to approximately 80lbs)
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
· Some (20%) overnight travel is required.
· Availability on some nights and weekends as needed for deployments and service impacting outages.
To be eligible for this position, the applicant must meet the minimum qualifications. Deviations to this requirement must be approved by the Compensation Manager or Vice President of Human Resources.
· 4 year college degree or 2 year college degree and Certification from Microsoft.
· Five years of experience in Systems Engineering and 3 years Systems Administration experience. Not concurrent.
· Information Security concepts.
· Systems auditing concepts.
· Advanced knowledge of standard office equipment in a corporate environment.
· Microsoft products such as Microsoft Windows Server and Workstation, Exchange, SQL, and Terminal Services. Storage products from Compellent, EMC, and HP. A/V software products.
· HP and Dell Server Hardware
· VMware proficiency
· Red Hat Linux (Enterprise) Version 6.x
· Apache Web Server (Red Hat) Version 2.4.x
· Well-developed customer service skills.
· Ability to document and write reports.
· Proficiency in TCP/IP networking including IP Addressing, DHCP, DNS, WINS and basic TCP/IP Troubleshooting.
· Principles/methods of system and storage capacity such as SAN, SCSI, RAID and DLT Drives.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to quickly assess and prioritize.
· Communicate effectively with diverse groups and clients.
· Work with peers and team to establish departmental decisions, processes and ensure standardized activities.