Under general supervision, is responsible for locating and retrieving company records as required. Inventories records stored by following established cataloging system. May assist in the disposal of records and other classified company material in a confidential manner; performs related duties as required.
• Maintain files
• Retrieve files from Records Center for client use as requested. Deliver files to clients within established time frames. Ensure returned files are properly logged and placed back in their proper location.
• Prepare files to be sent for storage. When needed, arranges for files to be retrieved from storage.
• Maintain cataloging process, procedures as well as rules and regulations
• Evaluate current cataloging system for completeness, efficiency and usefulness by taking inventories and reviewing retrieval needs
• Shift files to accommodate needed space as needed
• Create files through data entry into file tracking software, apply labels to folders, inter-filing
(by alphabetical order and sort by number)
May possibly perform any of the following functions at the direction of the Site Records Manager:
• May be requested to perform document scanning
• Due to changing technology and new laws in regard to record-keeping, will be required to learn new features and functionalities of the file tracking software and keep abreast of new regulations
• Additional responsibilities that other employees at that site do not perform
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
• Physical activity required including bending, reaching, lifting and prolonged periods standing.
• May lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.