· Responsible for receiving, in-process and final inspection of parts, assemblies, accessories, and materials for conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments and devices.
· Responsible for evaluating the receipt of materials to confirm material test reports meet specification requirements.
· Coordinates and performs physical inspection of product using mechanical or electrical instruments for inspection.
· Performs dimensional inspection layouts using Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), height gages, calipers and micrometers.
· Performs inspections using surface roughness and profile measurement equipment.
· Performs inspection duties utilizing engineering drawings and orders, route cards, inspection travelers, technical specifications, QA procedures and instructions and other related documents
· Reads and interprets complicated blueprints and specifications, including customer and vendor specifications. Develops programs for inspection as needed and evaluates and documents results.
· Helps identify causes of rejects and follows-through for corrective action.
· Performs critical first-piece inspections and prepares first article documentation.
· Calibrates measuring instruments using standards; administers the calibration activities of outside calibration services.
· Performs product and process audits using basic auditing principles, procedures and techniques to evaluate our internal compliance to documented procedures.
· Executes software validation tests to verify product acceptance software revision changes.