Canon in Washington DC is looking for a Project Manager to join our team .The Project Manager is typically, in charge of a specific project or projects within the organization. The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific short-term project which has a beginning, an end and specified deliverables.
· Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
· Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
· Work with the PMO to develop and implement Organizational Project Management Standards and Methodologies
· Train, guide, govern the organization on the Organizational Project Management Standards and Methodologies
· Ensure resource availability and allocation
· Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
· Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
· Report and escalate to management as needed
· Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
· Perform risk management to minimize project risks
· Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
· Create relevant reports from available systems to manage project status to improve project success and accountability.
· Must be able to manage competing demands for time and multiple projects while meeting established deadlines.
· Performs other duties as requested by the PMO or Department Leadership
The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Plan the project
· Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
· Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
· Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
· Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
· Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
· Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
· Staff the project – Resource Management
· In consultation with the appropriate manager, recruit, interview and select staff and/or potential project members with appropriate skills for the project activities
· Manage project staff and/or potential project members according to the established policies and practices of the organization
· Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
· Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as appropriate
· Implement the project
· Execute the project according to the project plan
· Develop forms and records to document project activities in alignment with the Organizational Project Management Standards and Methodologies
· Set up files/utilize PM toolsets to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and kept up to date
· Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
· Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
· Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
Control the project
· Develop reports on the project for management and for stakeholders
· Monitor all budgeted project expenditures
· Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
· Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
· Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
· Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
Evaluate the project
· Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
· Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
· Use project auditing methodologies to keep projects on target and document lessons learned to avoid repeating issues.
· Document and build the organizational knowledge base to improve the available communications, OPAs, EFF’s to effectively support future projects.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS/MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS
· Intermittent physical activity including reaching, prolonged periods of sitting, bending, or lifting (up to 50lbs)
· May encounter stressful situations
· Varied schedules may be required
· Work in an office environment but the purpose of the project may sometimes take them to non standard workplaces.
· Some travel will be required (25-30% travel – based on project activity/requirements)
· Mental qualifications include ability to effectively and efficiently manage the complete project
· Outstanding leadership skills
· Good organizational skills
· Ability to analyze and share data
To be eligible for this position, the applicant must meet the minimum qualifications. Deviations to this requirement must be approved by the Chief Human Resources Officer
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· PMP Preferred
· 5-7 years project management experience required
· Business Process Outsourcing, Print Management, AP, Records, Mail services, financial experience a plus
· Project Management Methodologies
· Agile Project Management basics a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Word , Excel, PowerPoint, Project
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Project Preferred
· Proficient in industry standard Project Management software
· Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
· Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
· Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
· Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
· Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
· Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
· Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
· Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
· Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem. Excellent relationship management skills
· A positive attitude and professional demeanor is desired as this position will be required to interact effectively with all levels of management.
· Ability to manage digital inventory database
· Strong process management capabilities
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong accountability skills
· Be able to work with a remote team spread across a wide geographical area.
· Ability to meet multiple and tight deadlines
· Grasp new concepts quickly