Our people make the difference. We believe in our employees and give them daily opportunities to grow as professionals and make their mark on the business. Each person brings unique skills to his or her role, and with employees around the globe, we have a diverse workforce that we-and our clients-deeply value.
We're looking for people with a wide range of work experiences and skills, as well as those pursuing a career in managed business process services for the first time. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds who want to work hard and who take pride in what they do.
As an employee, you'll have a rewarding and enriching work environment. You will be encouraged to innovate. Your coworkers will respect and value your opinions. Each day, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on a globally recognized company. At Canon, you'll have more than just a job with competitive pay and benefits-you will have a long and rewarding career.
Canon Business Process Services, Inc. offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed services and technology across information and document management, business process outsourcing<https://cbps.canon.com/managed-services/business-process-outsourcing>; and managed workforce services. The company helps clients improve operational business performance while reducing costs and risk. Named a Global Outsourcing 100 Leader in 2018 by IAOP for the twelfth year; Canon Business Process Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc. Learn more at cbps.canon.com<https://cbps.canon.com/>; and follow us on Twitter @CanonBPO.
· Accounts Payable invoice processing; manually entering, reviewing, validating, coding, tracking, and obtaining approvals.
· Processing and/or auditing of employee expense reports.
· Meet deadlines related to financial close, including month-end, quarter-end and year-end.
· Manage accounting activities and journal entries.
· Provide inputs into pay cycles and check runs.
· Analyze, review and resolve inquiries related to supplier statements.
· Resolve inquiries (phone & email) from vendors and end-users (Help Desk), including documentation/ticket management.
· Process exceptions related to vendor invoices for input into financial systems, including invoice coding, data entry, email addresses and tax IDs.
· Correspond with client end users, vendors and third parties via phone and email related to AP policies and initiatives.
· Maintain files and documentation in accordance with client policies and procedures.
· Research invoice payment discrepancies.
· Resolve payment issues with vendors and employees, including ACH.
· Provide training and expertise to peers and end-users and suppliers.
· On-board vendors into client financial systems, including tax ID management.
· Log activities, audit and create reports for management related to day-to-day activities for self.
· Participate in process development/optimization activities, as required.
· Assist in ad hoc projects as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS/MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS
· Mental qualifications include ability to perform all responsibilities efficiently and effectively
· Good organizational skills
To be eligible for this position, the applicant must meet the minimum qualifications. Deviations to this requirement must be approved by the Compensation Manager or Vice President of Human Resources.
Associate’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience.
1 - 2 years of Accounts Payable experience or similar process based finance operations
Basic understanding of Accounts Payable
Familiarity with Oracle/PeopleSoft/Ariba/Concur or other ERP and/or P2P systems.
Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook.
Ability to effectively manage tasks with minimal supervision.
Strong analytical skills.
Strong work ethic.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Excellent follow-through skills.
Detail oriented, reliable and professional attitude.
Ability to communicate effectively in person, over the phone, verbally and in writing.
Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment, with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.