Canon Business Process Services, Inc. has an opening for an Office Service Representative III who will be an essential part of our team at our client’s site in Glasonbury, CT. Our OSR is responsible for all mail, packages and interoffice correspondence handling and dispatching for all classes of mail/packages. Responsible for the handling, routing calls, performs related duties as required. This position is a high customer service environment. We are looking for people who can provide “white glove” service. Previous experience working in a professional environment is required.
Under general supervision, is responsible for all mail, packages and interoffice correspondence handling and dispatching for all classes of mail/packages. Responsible for the handling, routing, pick-up and delivery activities of mail operation and the assignment & participation of tasks involving all activities; performs related duties as required.
· Insures total customer satisfaction through understanding of customer expectations, proactive problem identification/resolution, and maximizing opportunities to build relationships.
· Receive, sort, and deliver all incoming mail & packages according to assigned floors and within established time frames. Wrap, seal, weigh, affix postage and dispatch all outgoing mail/packages in accordance with postal regulations.
· Prepare special outgoing inter-office pouches sent to client affiliates as scheduled (if applicable).
· Package and process outgoing overnight items, i.e. Federal Express, UPS, etc., to meet client and vendor deadlines. Log and deliver incoming overnight packages within established time frames.
· Log outgoing and incoming items as required and review for accuracy/completeness.
· Organize and distribute supplies to client employees as detailed in job requests. Verify and log orders upon delivery. Monitor inventory of copy supplies, stock paper and toner and keep supply area neat (inclusive of convenience copiers).
· Handle items for distribution to a segment of or all of client employees, affiliates, dealers, etc.
· Estimate runtime on the small to medium photocopy jobs. Check all copies produced for quality and accuracy. Produce bound copies of work when requested. Deliver and pick up copy jobs.
· May provide minor maintenance of photocopy machine such as solving paper jams, placing service calls and routine cleanings.
· Operate facsimile machines; send and receive facsimiles. Keep complete and accurate logs of incoming and outgoing facsimiles. Where appropriate, input facsimile data into computer for client charge back. Generate activity reports, confirmation reports, and call the receiver to confirm receipt as necessary.
· Prepare monthly production and volume reports in order to measure productivity and prepare billing charges.
· Performs other administrative duties from inserting, copying and photocopying to faxing as needed.
May possibly perform any of the following functions at the direction of the Site Manager:
· Set up and maintain client’s kitchen areas and conference rooms, order food and make coffee.
· Provide reception work such as answering telephones, taking messages and greeting visitors.
· Move boxes, supplies or furniture; replace light bulbs.
· Document scanning.
· Prepare outgoing items for shipping.
· Due to changing technology in office automation, will be required to learn new features and functionalities of copying machines, faxes, scanning, shipping equipment as introduced at the site.
· Additional duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS/MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS
· Requires regular twisting/turning/squatting/bending/reaching/lifting and prolonged periods of sitting, standing or walking.
· May regularly lift and carry up to 20 lbs. and move (push mail cart) over 50 lbs.
· May occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
· Frequent use of hand and foot controls
· May occasionally need to climb stairs.
· Mental qualifications include ability to perform all responsibilities efficiently and effectively
· Ability to perform all mail duties
· Good organizational skills