Under general supervision, is responsible for all mail, packages and interoffice correspondence handling and dispatching for all classes of mail/packages. Responsible for the handling, routing, pick-up and delivery activities of mail operation and the assignment & participation of tasks involving all activities; performs related duties as required.
· Insures total customer satisfaction through understanding of customer expectations, proactive problem identification/resolution, and maximizing opportunities to build relationships.
· Receive, sort, and deliver all incoming mail & packages according to assigned floors and within established time frames. Wrap, seal, weigh, affix postage and dispatch all outgoing mail/packages in accordance with postal regulations.
· Prepare special outgoing inter-office pouches sent to client affiliates as scheduled (if applicable).
· Package and process outgoing overnight items, i.e. Federal Express, UPS, etc., to meet client and vendor deadlines. Log and deliver incoming overnight packages within established time frames.
· Log outgoing and incoming items as required and review for accuracy/completeness.
· Organize and distribute supplies to client employees as detailed in job requests. Verify and log orders upon delivery. Monitor inventory of copy supplies, stock paper and toner and keep supply area neat (inclusive of convenience copiers).
· Handle items for distribution to a segment of or all of client employees, affiliates, dealers, etc.
· Estimate runtime on the small to medium photocopy jobs. Check all copies produced for quality and accuracy. Produce bound copies of work when requested. Deliver and pick up copy jobs.
· May provide minor maintenance of photocopy machine such as solving paper jams, placing service calls and routine cleanings.
· Operate facsimile machines; send and receive facsimiles. Keep complete and accurate logs of incoming and outgoing facsimiles. Where appropriate, input facsimile data into computer for client charge back. Generate activity reports, confirmation reports, and call the receiver to confirm receipt as necessary.
· Prepare monthly production and volume reports in order to measure productivity and prepare billing charges.
· Performs other administrative duties from inserting, copying and photocopying to faxing as needed.
May possibly perform any of the following functions at the direction of the Site Manager·
· High school Diploma or equivalent
· Entry level. 0-1 year experience working in a mailroom or professional office environment.
· Some knowledge of the job. May not know all aspects of job at time of hire.
· Some knowledge of metering, weighting, logging and other shipping procedures preferred.
· Some computer skills preferred.
· Ability to perform routine functions of most of the various equipment & systems (fax, scanner, metering, stamping, tracking systems, photocopying, color copying, binding etc.)
· Close supervision involving detailed instructions and constant checking on work performance.
· Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit.
· Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation.
· Excellent customer service, professional attitude and appearance are a must.
· Ability to work overtime & meet deadlines.
· Adherence and support of CBPS Core Values: Focusing on Results & Customers, Be Innovative and Quality Driven and Performing Ethically.