This position is responsible for the cleaning and processing of reusable pumps and durable medical equipment. The cleaning and processing of equipment includes all medical infusion and feeding pumps, bili-blankets, dialysis machines, commodes, shower chairs, and other equipment as directed by the Materials Distribution Management Leadership.
· Assessing the physical condition of the equipment for damage
· Ensuring the devices will turn on and off to verify basic function
· Clean each device as per the manufacturer’s Instructions for Use (IFU) and established procedures
· Bag clean devices and transport to clean storage area
· Stage equipment for pickup ensuring proper storage and charging of devices
· Maintaining all required electronic documentation for processing equipment and exceeding minimal levels of processing productivity as established by leadership
· Coordinate transport and pickup for damaged electronic medical equipment with the Biomed Department
· Responsible for the retrieval of reusable pumps and durable medical equipment throughout the main campus.
· Equipment Inventory Management and Cleaning related projects as assigned by CHOP leadership
· Complete basic replacement of damaged or missing parts on DME such as shower chairs and commodes
· Training to maintain cross functional understanding of other areas as well as departmental standards and safety policies
· Support of other areas should demand for processing equipment reduce the priority of this particular role
· Implementations of new medical equipment as it is introduced into the Hospital
· Maintain a clean and orderly Decontamination Room
· Clean 20-25 pieces of reusable pumps and/or durable medical equipment per hour as per the training material provided.
· Collection of soiled pumps and durable medical equipment twice per shift or as needed through the employees scheduled shift.
· Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS/MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS
To be eligible for this position, the applicant must meet the minimum qualifications. Deviations to this requirement must be approved by the Compensation Manager or Vice President of Human Resources.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· No Required licenses or certifications
· Basic working knowledge of computers and programs.