Our people make the difference. We believe in our employees and give them daily opportunities to grow as professionals and make their mark on the business. Each person brings unique skills to his or her role, and with employees around the globe, we have a diverse workforce that we—and our clients—deeply value.
We're looking for people with a wide range of work experiences and skills, as well as those pursuing a career in managed business process services for the first time. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds who want to work hard and who take pride in what they do.
As an employee, you’ll have a rewarding and enriching work environment. You will be encouraged to innovate. Your coworkers will respect and value your opinions. Each day, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on a globally recognized company. At Canon, you’ll have more than just a job with competitive pay and benefits—you will have a long and rewarding career.
Canon Business Process Services, Inc. offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed services and technology spanning information and document management, business process outsourcing and managed workforce services. Combining singular experience and domain knowledge, Canon Business Process Services enables organizations to improve operational performance while reducing costs and risk. Named a Global Outsourcing 100 Leader in 2016 by IAOP for the tenth year, the company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc. Learn more at www.cbps.canon.com.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Environmental, Health & Safety Trainer to come join our team!
The ideal candidate will:
Develops, coordinates and delivers safety and regional training programs in partnership with Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety Manager and Director of Training, ensuring that company objectives for safety, quality, and training goals are met or exceeded. Responsible for developing, implementing and facilitating regional and safety training programs to promote and develop a highly skilled and motivated workforce.
· Design and develop comprehensive safety training programs and best practices to eliminate all accidents in the workplace to meet all applicable company, local, state and federal safety rules and regulations (e.g., 49 CFR Hazardous Materials, IATA and IMDG Dangerous Goods, Hazardous Communication, driver safety, powered industrial vehicles and equipment, emergency preparedness, personal protective equipment (PPE), Safe lifting techniques, Slip, Trips and Falls, Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene, etc.)
· Organizing and scheduling training for self and others including safety, New Hire Orientation, client training, regional operations training for live or virtual training.
· Assist in coordination, facilitation and train-the-trainer of all safety training programs.
· Partners with Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to develop and execute site specific safety training plans, provides relevant reports to ensure compliance and to help in analysis of training opportunities as it applies to safety and training.
New Hire and Implementation
· Consult with both perspective clients, sales and operations to evaluate transition for new accounts; create new hire and safety training plans, participate as key contributor to announcements to staff of client employees, serve as a conduit for information for transitioning client staff to CBPS
· Coordinates and conducts new hire orientation and safety training, as well as new site orientation
· Facilitates instructor-led and virtual classroom (i.e., WebEx) regional, corporate and safety training programs for corporate, regional and site personnel.
· Conducts Train-the-Trainer sessions to assist Trainers in delivering classroom and virtual training programs.
· Coordinates and conducts on-site custom training programs for region
· Design, development and implement of corporate, regional and client training and safety programs.
· Creates design documents outlining course objectives, content, assessment and evaluation criteria.
· Develops innovative learning solutions utilizing various instructional design methodologies and technologies.
· Works on curriculum teams and independently in the design development and testing of training programs.
· Responsible for design and development of training materials including writing of presentations, facilitator/participant guides, self-study, on-the-job training activities, e-Learning, blended learning, micro-learning, etc.
· Implements and maintains Regional Training Pro-ACT, ACT Programs and Online Learning Portal
· Acts as a consultant to regional team to design, develop, coordinate & conduct training programs and learning plans for the region as required by local Operations needs & Corporate priorities
Administration & Reporting
· Coordinates with Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety Manager and Director of Training to maintain appropriate safety training records. Maintains regional training database with class schedules, registration, attendance, etc.
· Works with regional team to ensure employees are in compliance with all regulatory, safety and compliance related courses.
· Develop metrics to gauge employee satisfaction and present aggregate results along with action plans to improve satisfaction and productivity to strengthen client satisfaction and increase productivity
Performs other HR duties as requested by manager or client representatives
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS/MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS
· Approximately 50% Travel required, or as needed
· Operate industrial equipment (e.g. forklift, pallet jacks, etc.)
· Lifting, pushing, pulling up to 25 lbs.
· Mental qualifications include ability to design and facilitate efficient and effective training programs
To be eligible for this position, the applicant must meet the minimum qualifications. Deviations to this requirement must be approved by the Chief Human Resource Officer.
· 49 CFR Hazardous Materials, IATA and IMDG Dangerous Goods - preferred
· Powered Industrial Truck/Vehicle operation and instruction - preferred
· OSHA trainer (General Industry and/or Construction) - preferred
· Environmental, Safety and Health Trainer (CET) - preferred
· Advanced Safety Certification (ASC) - a plus
· Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent work experience
· Training Certification preferred
· 3+ years experience in industrial manufacturing, logistics and distribution and/or pharmaceutical industries
· 3+ years safety and health training
· 3+ years DOT/CDL compliance, preferred
· 3+ years Training & Facilitation experience
· Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of training software (i.e. Articulate, Captivate, Lectora, WebEx, etc.)
· Administration of safety, health, environmental and transportation training including DOT and powered industrial truck/vehicle certification
· Familiarity with the training and development concepts, practices and procedures
· Strong understanding of Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics
· Strong facilitation and communication skills
· Excellent writing skills
· Strong project management skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational, administrative, record keeping & time management skills
· Strong team approach to business
· Excellent customer service skills
· Wide degree of creativity