Our people make the difference. We believe in our employees and give them daily opportunities to grow as professionals and make their mark on the business. Each person brings unique skills to his or her role, and with employees around the globe, we have a diverse workforce that we—and our clients—deeply value.
We're looking for people with a wide range of work experiences and skills, as well as those pursuing a career in managed business process services for the first time. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds who want to work hard and who take pride in what they do.
As an employee, you’ll have a rewarding and enriching work environment. You will be encouraged to innovate. Your coworkers will respect and value your opinions. Each day, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on a globally recognized company. At Canon, you’ll have more than just a job with competitive pay and benefits—you will have a long and rewarding career.
Canon Business Process Services, Inc. offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed services and technology spanning information and document management, business process outsourcing and managed workforce services. Combining singular experience and domain knowledge, Canon Business Process Services enables organizations to improve operational performance while reducing costs and risk. Named a Global Outsourcing 100 Leader in 2016 by IAOP for the tenth year, the company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc. Learn more at www.cbps.canon.com.
Under direct supervision the employee will perform various regional warehouse and distribution activities including: picking, packaging, dispensing, issuing, transporting, and receiving materials required for the production of a biopharmaceutical product. Materials will include GMP raw materials, general supplies and laboratory materials.
The position requires strict adherence to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's) and must comply with various regulations including DOT, IATA, IMDG, OSHA, US Customs and FAA.
The employee must be willing and able to operate Powered Industrial Vehicles (fork trucks, electric pallet jacks, etc.) as well as commercial box trucks (CDL not required). Handling of chemicals, use of validated computer systems, ability to accurately complete documentation, make calculations and perform physical tasks associated with large scale pharmaceutical manufacturing.
The successful applicant may be cross trained to support other areas including Inventory Management, Warehouse Operations, GMP Receiving, Dispensing, and/or Distribution.
To be eligible for this position, the applicant must meet the minimum qualifications. Deviations to this requirement must be approved by the Compensation Manager or Vice President of Human Resources.
High School diploma or GED is required.
· 2-3 years of experience in a similar position. Familiarity with MS Office, WMS and RF scanner devices is desired.
· Must have at least 1 year experience and be certified to operate gasoline-, liquefied gas-, or electric powered MHE (tuggers, standup forklifts, walkie-stacker & personal transport carts).
· Must have conscientious work habits, be able to read, possess basic math skills, write legibly and have effective communication skills.
· Should be able to multi-task to meet strict deadlines or scheduling requirements. Knowledge of metering, weighting, logging and other shipping procedures.
· Ability to perform routine functions of most of the various equipment & systems (fax, scanner, metering, stamping, tracking systems, photocopying, color copying, etc.)
Material Handler II:
In addition to the above, must pass the Hazardous Material Awareness certification courses.
· Some computer skills preferred.
· Must pass all pre-employment tests, to include a thorough background investigation.
· Will be required to satisfactorily complete the CBPS Forklift Operator training course.
· Excellent customer service, professional attitude and appearance are a must.
· Ability to work overtime & meet deadlines.
· Adherence and support of CBPS Core Values: Focusing on Results & Customers, Be Innovative and Quality Driven and Performing Ethically