Our people make the difference. We believe in our employees and give them daily opportunities to grow as professionals and make their mark on the business. Each person brings unique skills to his or her role, and with employees around the globe, we have a diverse workforce that we—and our clients—deeply value.
We're looking for people with a wide range of work experiences and skills, as well as those pursuing a career in managed business process services for the first time. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds who want to work hard and who take pride in what they do.
As an employee, you’ll have a rewarding and enriching work environment. You will be encouraged to innovate. Your coworkers will respect and value your opinions. Each day, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on a globally recognized company. At Canon, you’ll have more than just a job with competitive pay and benefits—you will have a long and rewarding career.
Canon Business Process Services, Inc. offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed services and technology spanning information and document management, business process outsourcing and managed workforce services. Combining singular experience and domain knowledge, Canon Business Process Services enables organizations to improve operational performance while reducing costs and risk. Named a Global Outsourcing 100 Leader in 2016 by IAOP for the tenth year, the company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc. Learn more at www.cbps.canon.com.
The Director of Operations holds ultimate accountability for the retention and growth of client outsourcing engagements within a defined geographic region. A dynamic individual, the Director leverages the CBPS Operational Excellence model to continuously increase the value of CBPS to its clients through performance management and innovation. S/he builds the skill sets of individual Area Managers, provides strategic direction for account management, leads the effort to solve complex problems and builds client relationships at the executive level. Complete P&L responsibility for the assigned region belongs to this role.
· Provide direction & leadership to the Area Managers (direct reports) and cross-functional teams in the execution of Operational Excellence, including:
o Strategic alignment of services to client initiatives
o Development of SOW, KPI, SLA, process maps and desktop procedures
o Development and delivery of reporting
o Analytics of operational data
o Launch and execution of continuous improvement events
o Operational performance management
· Oversight of regional P&L, including billing accuracy and cost control
· Lead client renewal cycles, including strategy and execution of deliverables such as proposal and pro forma documents
· Provide consultative value and executive participation in new account sales cycles, including executive presentations and thought leadership for competitive advantage
· Create and execute professional development plan for Area Managers and Site Managers
· Identify and launch internal initiatives that benefit the region as a whole
· Develop client relationships deep into the organization, especially the executive ranks
· 100% account retention, excluding client closures or other factors outside CBPS control
· Consistent year-over-year incremental growth at strategic accounts
· Consistent portfolio of continuous value improvement initiatives that yield tangible cost reductions, productivity increases and risk reduction for clients
· Attainment of annual profitability targets for assigned region
· Meaningful contributions to CBPS strategic initiatives through case study development, initiative leadership and task force, participation
· Collaborate in outsourced solution design which include People, Process and Technology to meet the client’s needs
· 30-40% travel is required
· Frequent client entertainment after normal business hours, including dinners and events
· Qualifications include ability to understand P&L, provide direction and leadership efficiently and effectively, and foster strong client relationships.
· 7+ years directly managing customer-facing B2B relationships
· 3+ years managing other high-level managers
· 5+ documented improvement initiatives
· At least one role that included management of a continuous improvement program
· Extensive new sales or add-on growth experience
· Background in Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) a plus
· Executive presentation
· Continuous improvement components: process mapping, data analysis, business case development and project management
· Advanced use case understanding of web-based process workflow and business intelligence platforms
· MS Office expert-level proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio
· Dynamic: ability to execute tactically and also think strategically, knowing what situations call for each
· Energetic: improves the productivity of teams through enthusiastic leadership
· Tenacious: relentlessly pursues completion of client-facing objectives
· Principled: acts in the best interest of the customer and CBPS with integrity
· Adventurous: uses cutting edge methodologies to advance performance without fear of failure
· Human: relishes in working to advance the career fulfillment of others
· Empowered: first in line to have the tough conversations and take appropriate action
· Good organizational skills